EMPLOYABILITY TOWN HAS BEEN SUPPORTING THE SUCCESSFUL DELIVERY OF NATIONAL CITIZEN SERVICE (NCS) PROGRAM ACROSS THE UK FROM 2013.
Only last summer, we have boosted the professional potential of 1,035 NCS participants with 84% of young people said that they will be able to apply the knowledge learnt in their future career.
Via our work with various organisations, we developed a range of interactive workshops specifically adjusted to the needs of young people and the requirements of your NCS schedule.
This autumn boost professional potential of young people with our workshops!
TOP NCS WORKSHOP TOPICS
EMPLOYABILITY TOWN OFFERS A RANGE OF WORKSHOPS SPECIFICALLY ADJUSTED TO THE NEEDS OF NCS PARTICIPANTS.
Our special Autumn edition: Building Professional Brand Online
With the constant advancements of technology, it is important that young people take time to create a brand showcasing their skills to future employers.
This workshop explores practical tips on how to build a professional online brand that highlights their skills, experiences and makes them stand out of the crowd.
During the workshop young people will learn how to:
- Identify the key components of their brand
- Be safe online while maintaining professional etiquette
- Build a creative CV and portfolio of their work
- Set up LinkedIn profile and use it for job opportunities and online networking
The aim of the workshop is to equip NCS participants with a selection of exceptional tools to enhance their employability skills thereby giving participants a competitive advantage in the current job market.
The workshop covers such topics as:
- Employers’ wishes – Introducing the expectations’ of employers in the current job market.
- Your CV is an advert for you– Learning the key principles of an effective CV as well as how to target a CV to the job specification to stand out from the crowd.
- Be a STAR at interviews– Using this powerful technique that will allow young people to answer competency based interview questions with elaborative examples of their strengths.
- Hidden job market-Since approximately 80% of jobs are not advertised, exploring the digital job hunting tools for accessing the hidden jobs market.
- Setting Goals and Achieving More – Introduction of methods to set SMART goals that will allow participants to work effectively towards their perfect future.
- Managing Yourself in Time – Learning a range of time management techniques to ensure successful prioritisation and focus on important rather than urgent tasks.
- Express Yourself – Developing the skills required to effectively present and pitch ideas to individuals and groups.
The aim of the workshop is to provide an introduction to the world of entrepreneurship by exploring and demystifying 5 most common statements about being an entrepreneur.
- Exploring entrepreneurship: Looking into definition of entrepreneurship and the concept of entrepreneurial mindset
- Five common myths: Exploring 5 common beliefs about entrepreneurship and providing arguments demystifying them
- Entrepreneurship on daily basis: Linking the concepts from entrepreneurship to the successful delivery of social action projects
TOP 3 FACTS ABOUT OUR WORKSHOPS
INTERACTIVE & INFLUENTIAL:
During the workshops young people are actively taking part in a variety of fun and practical exercises to learn about certain skills. All selected topics reflect the changes in the current job market with employers’ focus on soft qualities, digital skills and entrepreneurial mindset to give young people a head start in their career. To see our workshops in action click here
Brilliant, upbeat, different! I really enjoyed it and learned a lot of useful skills for my future career. It was fun and energetic session. Thank you! – NCS Catch22 Participant
FLEXIBLE & GOAL-ORIENTED:
The workshops are designed to fit your individual NCS schedule therefore their length and format can be easily adjusted from 1 hour participatory talk to 3 hour team workshop. All our sessions have clear objectives so that young people are working towards set goals.
Fantastic interactive sessions that can only but benefit the futures of all participants involved. Highly interactive and specific to the identified needs of the audience. Participants learn in a positive, high tempo atmosphere with Employability Town ensuring that the desired outcomes of the sessions are met. – NCS Coordinator Oxfordshire County Council
EASILY BOOKED & COST EFFECTIVE:
We discuss all your requirements and create a schedule of workshops to fit within your program. We do understand NCS fluctuations in relation to number of participants, therefore we accept a workshop cancellation with no additional fees one month prior to the start of the program. Our prices starts from only £175 per session and we offer a range of discounts to create an ideal solution in line with your budget.
Employability Town contribution to our event was great. Klaudia has also been very helpful in giving us a good price in line with our budget and also being easy to communicate with to plan. – NCS Engage4Life Coordinator.
BOOK TODAY & HELP YOUNG PEOPLE TO BECOME SUPER-EMPLOYABLE!
TO BOOK OR TO FIND OUT MORE,
E-MAIL US ON TOWNMAYOR@EMPLOYABILITYTOWN.CO.UK