Planning to expand your business into a new market?
This can be a daunting task filled with the unknown but there is also the prospect of greater opportunities for market growth, increased revenue and product diversification.
Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs, financed by the European Commission, is an easy step in the direction of European expansion for your enterprise.
The scheme invites small and medium sized businesses to host aspiring Entrepreneurs from across Europe.
There are five reasons why participating in this program will give your business a competitive advantage:
- You will gain an insight into your business from outsider’s perspective who is interested in the same industry but brings different cultural trends and influences
- You will be able to expand your business for other markets within EU through networks often brought by visiting entrepreneur
- You will be able to implement new projects and products within your business and have them delivered with a help of visiting entrepreneur taking advantage of their specialist skills, foreign language proficiency and comprehensive European market knowledge
- Your team will have an experience of working alongside somebody from a different background and with fresh idea
- You will be able to mentor a visiting entrepreneur by sharing your experience and business advice impacting the next generation
‘Visiting entrepreneur’s inputs have been a positive experience in all aspects. Her experience and insights into how business is conducted in other cultures helped to stretch the thinking and imagination of our team as we prepare marketing campaigns that are relevant to the diversity of culture found in Britain.’
RED PEPPER MARKETING LTD, Michelle Tennense
Since it began in 2009, the programme Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs has provided over 6,274 European businesses an opportunity to host and collaborate with a new, visiting entrepreneur.
The 3 top benefits gained by HEs via the program were:
- Ideas to improve business (100%)
- Knowledge about new methods (86%)
- Expansion to new markets (75%)
‘The experience was interesting and valuable. It was a real pleasure getting to know Helena over the course of her placement with me. It helped me to reflect on my work within my business and has given me ideas going forward. I am pleased that the exchange led to a fruitful collaboration with Helena. This year, we have published a book together.”
CONTEXTUAL CONSULTING, Joe Oliver
As a host entrepreneur you can participate in the program if:·
- You are a permanent resident in one of the Participating Countries and your company is registered in that country
- You are the owner-manager of a small or medium enterprise OR a person directly involved in entrepreneurship at SME board level (not employee);
- You have been running a company as an entrepreneur (not employee) for more than 3 years;
- You are willing to share your knowledge and experience with a new entrepreneur and act as a mentor.
To apply, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Employability Town C.I.C. is an official intermediary organisation in the UK for the scheme approved and registered with European Commission.